Carl's Building Supply, Port Hadlock, WA

Featuring: Exterior Wood Decking in Batu, Red Balau

Where the Builders Buy

Carl Johnson’s grandfather, Karl, began the business in the early 1900s by digging clams on Marrowstsone Island, then rowing them to Port Townsend. Carl Johnson started shipping clams to Seattle in 1947, using the truck hauling business his father Harold started in 1933. After dropping off the shellfish, he would fill his truck with lumber and building supplies for local contractors. Eventually he had enough material left over to open his own building supply business storing these stockpiles on various empty lots on Marrowstone Island. After the bridge was built in 1952-connecting Marrowstone to the mainland, these materials were moved to the present location of Carl’s Building Supply in Chimacum (Port Hadlock, WA), where they have been serving builders fot the past sixty years. Carl turned over the reins of his lumberyard to his son Lawrence, in 1992, who continued the focus on sericing the area’s contractors and owner/builder. Carl’s and the streamlined crew are experts at fulfilling the contractors’ needs. A quick office survey revealed a number of them were third generation building tradesmen. Some had wielded a hammer for many years. Lawrence still uses the slogan his father coined in 1957, “Buy Where the Builders Buy”.

Products: Exterior Wood Decking

Species: Batu, Red Balau

Services: Retail Store

Location:

Carl's Building Supply

10733 Rhody Dr.

Port Hadlock, WA 98339

Phone: (360) 385 2111

Fax: (800) 788 2110

email: info@carlsbuildingsupply.com

web site: http://carlsbuildingsupply.com

Back to Previous Page