Angelim Pedra Hardwood Technical Species Information
Detailed scientific and mechanical properties for Angelim Pedra Hardwood Lumber
- Description: Angelim Pedra, or Angel's Heart, varies from tan to yellow with dark red and brown vertical striping. For its beauty and durability, Angelim Pedra is a great combination of the two, boasting a Janka hardness rating of 1,720. It is also very resistant to dry-wood termites. Even with its beauty and durability, Angelim Pedra is very affordable, far surpassing the beauty of many hardwoods with a much larger price tag.
- More Info: Our Angelim Pedra decking is available in 5/4 x 4 and 5/4 x 6 in First Clear grade for residential decking applications. We also carry Angelim Pedra for use in interior flooring applications and industrial applications such as trailer decking. See our www.trailerdecking.com site for more information on trailer decking in Angelim Pedra.
- Other Names: Hymenolobium excelsum, Para Angelim, Rocky Deck, Apitong, Brazilian Keruing, Angel's Heart
- View These Products
Angelim Pedra Lumber Scientific Properties and Technical Specifications
- Janka Hardness: 1,720 pounds
- Strength (MOR): 18,255 psi
- Stiffness (MOE): 2,050 1000 psi
- Density (KG/m3): 690
- Color: The heartwood of Angelim Pedra is orangish-tan to orangish-brown that turns to a more light brown when exposed. Sapwood is gray to white.
- Photosensitivity: Moderate
- Tangential Shrinkage: 7.1 %
- Radial Shrinkage: 4.4 %
- Family: Leguminosae
- Tree Characteristics: The Angelim Pedra tree can reach up to 150 feet in height and 10 feet in diameter.
- Geographic Area: Angelim Pedra can be found in the central and eastern parts of the Brazilian Amazon region up into the Guianas and south into Rio de Janeiro.
- Texture: Coarse and uneven
- Grain: Straight to interlocked
- Luster: Low
- Durability Rating: Very durable and resistant to white and brown-rot fungus.
- Drying Characteristics: Rated as difficult to air season with a fast to moderate drying rate and moderate warp and slight checking.
- Working Characteristics: Rated as easy to to work with.
- Applications: Decking, furniture, flooring, heavy construction, turnery
View These Products
Other Species of Wood from Nova USA